Each year, the James Bartleman Indigenous Youth Creative Writing Award recognizes up to six (6) Indigenous youth for their creative writing talent. Creative writing pieces may include – but are not limited to – short stories, poems, essays, plays, songs, or even comic strips, as long as they are original work created by the student. All submissions will be reviewed by an independent selection committee. Recipients will receive a cash award of $2,500 each.
To submit a creative writing piece for this award:
1. Visit ontario.ca/honoursandawards
2. Scroll down and select “Learn how to nominate someone” under the Arts and Literature category.
3. Click on James Bartleman Indigenous Youth Creative Writing Award.
4. Read the eligibility criteria and instructions carefully.
5. Scroll down to “How to apply” and click on Go to Nomination Portal.
6. Click on Public Secure and create an account (or sign in for returning users) to access the Ontario Honours and Awards Portal.
7. Submit your nomination through the portal no later than May 31, 2022.