Sadie’s Lane Housing Development
Sadies Lane Phase 2 Housing Development Detailed Design
Project Consultation Number: 22630-2
Consultation Type: Detailed Design
Posted By: Housing & Band Property Maintenance
Date Posted: August 4, 2023
Comment Period: August 4 – September 3, 2023
Last Updated: August 4, 2023
This consultation closes at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 3, 2023
The Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte (MBQ) has identified the immediate need for on-reserve housing. To address this need, a housing development is proposed to be completed on the west of the terminus of Wellness Drive, Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory. The housing development will include a mixture of single residential and multi-residential units.
The MBQ have retained Ainley Graham & Associates Ltd. (AGA) to carry out the detailed design of this project.
The information provided herein is intended to provide the community with an overview of the project and incorporate any community input into the final design.
To facilitate the design, MBQ retained Terraspec Engineering Inc. to complete a geotechnical investigation. Copies of the reports are available for download and viewing.
MBQ also retained The Greer Galloway Group Inc. to complete a Species at Risk (SAR) Assessment Report for the project. All recommended mitigation measures in the SAR Assessment Report, as well as any additional requirements by Environment Canada will be implemented for this project. A copy of the SAR Assessment Report is available for download and viewing.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED WORK
- Vegetation removal (identified as a Grey Dogwood thicket) will be required to facilitate the proposed work.
- The conceptual design of the proposed housing development is illustrated in the concept plans available for download. Key features include:
- Sixteen (16) lots for single residential development.
- Two (2) lots for multi-residential (i.e. apartment) development.
- A roadway providing access to the housing development will be constructed as an extension to the existing Wellness Drive.
- Please refer to the Housing Report (available for download) for further details on the design.
PROJECT COST ESTIMATE
The current construction estimate is $2,222,701. The total project budget including escalation, engineering and contingency costs is $2,965,082. The source of funding is currently unknown; however, the intent will be to utilize the final design and construction estimate to lobby and secure external construction funding.
Depending on availability / timing of funding.
Tom Kring, Director of Housing
613-396-3424 ext. 148