Programs & Services
We provide Health awareness and disease prevention to the community through some of the following:
- Weight, Blood Pressure (Hypertension info flyer), and Blood Sugar checks at the Diner’s Club on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month
- Cholesterol monitoring at Community Wellbeing Centre – call for an appointment
- Influenza Bulletin, Health Fairs, workshops and information delivery as needed.
- Prenatal Classes – offered each spring and fall
- Foot Care for people with Diabetes provided by a Chiropodist
- Diabetes Nurse Educator and Registered Dietician services available to those who have been diagnosed with Diabetes
- Diabetes Wellness Circle – meetings held usually 2nd Tues of month, 7 – 9 pm (see upcoming events listing below)- a holistic look at prevention of and living with Diabetes.
Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program
The goal of the Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program-First Nations and Inuit Component (CPNP-FNIC) is to improve maternal and infant nutritional health. Monthly Food VOUCHERS are offered to women during pregnancy. For more information contact the Community Health Nurses who can outline the program.
Publicly Funded Routine Immunization including infant, childhood, school based and adult immunizations