Programs & Services
We provide health awareness and disease prevention to the community through some of the following:
- Weight, blood pressure (Hypertension info flyer), and blood sugar checks at the Diner’s Club on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month
- Cholesterol monitoring at the Community Wellbeing Centre – call for an appointment
- Influenza Bulletin, health fairs, workshops and information delivery as needed.
- Prenatal Classes – offered each spring and fall
- Foot care for people with diabetes provided by a chiropodist
- Diabetes Nurse Educator and registered dietician services available to those who have been diagnosed with diabetes
- Diabetes Wellness Circle – meetings usually held the 2nd Tues of each month, running from 7 – 9 p.m.
Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program
The goal of the Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program-First Nations and Inuit Component (CPNP-FNIC) is to improve maternal and infant nutritional health. Monthly Food VOUCHERS are offered to women during pregnancy. For more information, contact the community health nurses who can outline the program.
Publicly-funded routine immunization including infant, childhood, school based and adult immunizations.